Sunday, February 24, 2013

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Last weekend and today we had garden work parties for the Student Organic Gardening that I am teaching a class in. Our first class starts on Wednesday and I'm so excited. We cleared out and staked our beds today and its starting to look like a real garden again, rather than a forest of weeds. I brought cookies both weeks for our hard workers. Last week I just added chocolate chips, but this week I also added dried cranberries, which really kicked up their flavor. They were a great reward for all the hard work of pulling out weeds.


Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are my all time favorites. They are so great. 



I love sharing my baking adventures and I love gardening, so combining both of them has been a great way to spend my Sundays. 


Cookies for days



They turned out suuuuper thick and chewy. And the chocolate chips were little pools of melted chocolate. Perfection, in my mind.

Balancing act

Recipe: Oatmeal Cookies
I doubled the recipe last week, and tripled it this week. I substituted dried cranberries for raisins, because I like them so much more than raisins. I also used more chocolate chips because more chocolate is always the better option. 

No comments:

Post a Comment