Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies

When four of my favorite things collide into one, euphoria ensues. Chocolate + peanut butter + cookie dough + ganache. Perfection. I could talk for hours about my obsession with the peanut butter chocolate combo, or how much I love ganache, but I will spare you this once. These were less brownie, more blondie. They were dense and almost tasted like chocolate chip peanut butter cookie dough, which was not a bad thing. Who doesn't like cookie dough? The only issue with it is the raw egg, but this version is cooked! So no raw egg here. The ganache on top was intensely rich. The kind of intensity that makes you say, "Woah, this is delicious!" And then your self control makes you not take another one because your taste buds were satisfied and can't really handle any more because of the risk of an overdose on sugar and butter. Yeah, that kind of intensity.

They were relatively simple to make. Especially thanks to our kitchen aid. I really don't know how I will survive with out one. Brownie consistency is usually more liquidy, but this one was light and fluffy, not like a texture I've ever created before. Cookie dough is typically denser, but this was airy and smooth. I guess that is what happens when you beat together butter sugar eggs and peanut butter. Who knew? I ended up mixing on the flour with my hands because the smooth fluffiness was so fun to dig into. I mean look at that! Pure fluff.







There was almost a small crisis. I thought I had enough heavy cream for the ganache, so I let the dinner cooks use some of it for dinner. However, when I went to pour 2 cups of cream into the pan to boil, I only had one cup. Tragic. Luckily we have two very level headed kitchen managers that calmed me down, handed me $20 in one dollar bills and sent me to the corner store. Crisis averted. I don't know what I would do with out these girls sometimes. They are so wonderful, and they always have solutions for crises of any size. Love them.


It was good to be back this week. Nice to get my hands back in 6 cups of butter. I didn't realize I missed being terrified for our arteries. Only 4 more weeks of Tuesday snack! *Cue internal crisis about graduating.*


No comments:

Post a Comment