Wednesday, May 15, 2013

4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies


Last week on Smitten Kitchen, Deb briefly mentioned 3-ingredient peanut butter cookies. I was in the middle of a hardcore week of extreme procrastination, so 20 minutes after reading it, I went downstairs and made 4-ingredient cookies (because even numbers are better than odd numbers, but really I super like the jam we have and peanut butter goes so well with good jam). They were soooooo easy, and are naturally gluten and lactose free! (When you live in a co-op where everyone has different dietary restrictions, this is a really big deal). I even have the recipe memorized already, its that easy. Memorizable recipes are my favorite. This is going in my list of things I can make with only thinking for about 20 seconds. Aka, my favorite list.
I'm going to apologize for this post. It's finals week which means I'm acting a little crazy. Sometimes I just have to stand up and do some star jumps*, or say something completely out of nowhere, or write a really wacky blog post about peanut butter cookies. Its happening. Its okay. Let it happen.

*Star jumps is what New Zealanders call Jumping Jacks, and is now what I want everyone to call jumping jacks, because I like it.

These cookies are sweet, peanut butter-y, and squishy. I loved them. I really like peanut butter. I really like our blackberry poppy jam. I really like cookies. Therefore, I really like these. Common sense, no?


Also, they are just adorable

Recipe! From my brain! I didn't even have to look it up or link it. Proud moment

1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 cup Peanut Butter (I used chunky)
Spoon fulls of yummy jam

Preheat oven to 350˚
Mix together ingredients until smooth
Roll into balls
Use your thumb to create thumbprints in the center of each ball
Use a spoon and place jam in the thumbprints
Bake until the look snazzy
Eat eat eat. Try to stop yourself after 3, but then eat another one, because you just made adorable cookies in 20 minutes after thinking for only 20 seconds. Do a star jump and then pat yourself on the back. Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment