Friday, March 8, 2013

Very Very Chewy Granola Bars

Tuesday this week was busy busy busy. So for snack I had to make something quick and easy. Quick and easy turned into thick, chewy, chocolatey granola bars. They were so so so chewy.

The dry ingredients. This is what 13 cups of oats looks like.

The fun part was mixing the sticky ingredients into the oats. Melted butter, maple syrup, and honey kept the oats, chocolate chips and cranberries as a sticky amalgamation of delicious.


I made two different kinds. One with just the ingredients listed above, and another one with additional almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla. I liked this one better. It was less chewy and more flavorful. But it also took longer to cook and longer to set.

They were hard to cut

They took waaaaaaay longer to bake than they were supposed to. Which makes sense because they were in a much larger pan than an 8x8. I'm beginning to grasp the concept that larger pan means larger baking time. Good thing I put these in at 7:30 or snack would have been late, again!

All lined up and ready to go!

The ones without the almond butter were super ultra chewy. Like a chewy bar from the grocery store times 30. I kinda liked it, but my jaw was a little tired after eating just one of them. I think I might have over baked them slightly. Its exciting to know these things for when I make them again for less people.

Stacks on stacks on stacks

This recipe was great for this week. Mix dry ingredients, add wet ingredients, put in pan, bake, cut. Easy!

Recipe: Thick, Chewy Granola Bars

Also, Just for kicks. This guy has been hanging around in our house this past semester. He has been scaring the living daylights out of me! He moves around a lot and is put in places where I catch a glance out of the corner of my eye. Every time, I gasp and my heart skips a beat. I've started to imagine him everywhere. He is haunting my dreams. He is just so scarily good looking.

Get outta here.

Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment